For what it's worth, I've found 'git bisect' to be exactly what I needed on that last issue. I'm not far removed from a git virgin, so it took me a little bit of research. I found the last working commit for that particular issue. Now I just need to find a way to merge the changes that I've made and successfully debugged since then and merge them properly with the message base code from that bit. No doubt I'll have to look at some diffs as there's probably a little bit more that's needed (sans the bugs) in the message handling area from since then, also.
As much as I've hated learning it, git can really save a person's ass once a little more of the functionality is known.
Borg Burgers: We do it our way; your way is irrelevant.
þ Synchronet þ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet://tinfoil.synchro.net